myxcents

Cultural tidbits and such

1.31.2006

THE EDUKATORS

THE EDUKATORS gets my Buried Treasure vote! (We'll igonore the fact that it's the only one I've seen thus far.) In contrast to the 3 main characters in this film, I'm a closet revolutionary, so I enjoyed watching Jan, Jule, and Peter doing what I might one day have the courage to do.

The film covers many issues related to revolution and revolutionaries that are now dancing around in my mind. Peaceful ways of frightening people, how effective the revolution is, the motive for revolting and various others that have slipped out of my mind temporarily.

If you really think about it, the story could be a bit contrived in that they conveniently take a hostage who was once an idealistic revolutionary himself. But I still rate it 5/5.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home