myxcents

Cultural tidbits and such

12.06.2005

TENNIS, ... ANYONE?

I'm not sure what to say about this movie. I feel I should write soon (now) because I will forget it very quickly. I already am. I was tempted to leave like at least one other person.. but I suffered through the whole movie and the Q & A. While they sort of rambled about their point in making the movie, it really told me that the movie didn't really have a point. It was like the director and his buddy decided to make a movie incorporating various real-life experiences that had nothing to do with tennis and then they threw in the tennis theme and made that the "focus" of the movie. I would argue, however, that there was no focus. I laughed a few times in spite of myself, but overall I was impressed (disappointed?) that I stayed awake for the whole thing. (1.5/5)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Michael C. said…

    I was very curious as to whether or not you liked the film. I wonder what Hilary and Chris thought? Oh well, it was a Brattle fundraiser, so not a total waste of time.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home