myxcents

Cultural tidbits and such

8.11.2008

O-Oreo

I have my first REAL pet that's ALL mine! It's a guinea pig and his name is Oreo : )

I got him on Saturday from a friend of someone at the Tufts Vet School. The family has a new baby and the father, a new job, not to mention a few other children and a small dog. They wanted someone who could give it more attention.

So far, he is adorable and a little bit skittish. Though he seems to be relaxing more, as long as I don't try to pick him up. I've had him out a fair amount, in my lap or on the couch next to me, but have not let him wander around yet.

In the picture, you can see part of his "igloo," for hiding, in the foreground. Soon I plan to make a trip to Petco to purchase more toys/entertainment and supplies to improve piggie's quality of life and portability!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home